How Can I Be a Note Taker?
Note taking is a big part of our operations at the SAS.
We hire a large number of note takers in September. To apply for employment with SAS, please provide a cover letter and resume including relevant experience. In the cover letter, identify you are applying for a note taker position.
Students are assigned note taking assignments within their own classes. All note takers are expected to sign a contract and confidentiality agreement. There is an orientation workshop in September which note takers are expected to attend.
- As of January 2013, all notes are to be typed.
- Notes are to be uploaded
- Inform the SAS if you cannot be in class, and give at least 24 hours notice if the absence is predictable. If you will be missing a number of classes, note taking may not be a good job for you.
- You will be paid $125 at the end of term.
What to do in class:
- Your job is to capture what is being said in class and not just what is on the board or power point. Please be as thorough as possible.
- Write the class name & number, the professor’s name, the date, and the page number on the day’s notes:
eg. CRIM.2103.A Intro to QualResearchMeth -Dr. Dawne Clarke
May 2/2011 Pg. 1
- Date and number each page.
- On the occassion you are assigned to note take in a class you are not in, introduce yourself to the professor and do not participate in class.