We can accommodate you in many ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Extra Time (typically time and a half)
- A quiet location
- Use of a scribe
- Use of a reader
- Use of a computer
- Access to assistive technology
To get accommodations:
- Students with testing accommodations can request to write quizzes, tests, midterms and exams through the SAS Office by sending an Exam Request form to both the Office and their professor.
- We ask that you give us at least one week's notice for quizzes, tests, and midterms. For final exams, please complete and send in your forms at least two weeks in advance to allow time for scheduling. Please remind us if you need a scribe, reader, access to Kurzweil, large print, etc.
- With a minimum of a week's notice, advise your professor that you plan to write with the SAS (two weeks for final exams).
- At least three days before the testing, the SAS will send an email to the professor asking them to deliver the midterm/exam directly to the office.
- Students should show up on the day of testing at least 5 minutes before the exam. The SAS will organize an invigilator as needed.
Guidelines for students:
- We understand some disabilities prevent some students from writing more than one exam per day. If more than one exam is scheduled, it is the student’s responsibility to negotiate alternate exam times with the professor. The SAS can provide support for this.
- When you arrive for the exam, be five minutes early and bring everything you need with you.
- No children, family, friend or any other unauthorized people are allowed in the exam room.
- No bags, hats, cell phones, mp3 players, radios, gadgetry, or paper of any kind is permitted during the exam.
- Extra time will only be alloted if proven neccessary by the accomodation plan.
- Students who do not abide by the exam rules will have their exam session terminated and the professor will be notified.
- Invigilators are not tutors and therefore are not able to prompt or provide leading information to the student writing the exam. Please discuss your accomodations needed with the SAS beforehand.
Last modified: Monday, 4 April 2016, 10:05 AM