Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Dillon Caldwell-Bezanson -
Number of replies: 5

Hey, my name is Dillon and I am planning on majoring in Human Rights and English Literatures. I am from a small town called Middleton, which is about 5-6 hours away in Nova Scotia. Some of my hobbies includes Reading (I'm currently halfway through the Harry Potter series), going on adventures (going on hikes, exploring old roads and abandoned buildings - there is a huge abandoned rubber factory back home which is always awesome to explore), and also acting! Last year I was in the TST production of 'As You Like It' by Shakespeare and directed by Ilkay Silk!

I am really interested in human rights and politics and political movements, especially during the times we are currently in! So, I am excited for this human rights course this semester!

In reply to Dillon Caldwell-Bezanson

Re: Introduction

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Dillon,

I'm pleased to hear you decided to major in Human Rights. I love Harry Potter. I am old enough that when they each came out I would be one of those youngins that went to the bookstore at midnight to get it. There were HUGE midnight gatherings at Chapters. When the final book was released, my family was vacationing in PEI in a beachfront cabin. I made my dad drive me 45 minutes to Charlottetown (at midnight of course) so I could get my hands on it. By time we got back to the cabin, I was so tired I just went to sleep. lol
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

I wish I would've been able to have that anticipation of waiting for each book to come out! I'm enjoying the series much more than I thought I would... which isn't a good thing when you have books to read for class!

by Megan MacGregor -
Hi Dillion,

I've never actually ready the HP series (a sin I know), how do you like it so far? I am currently reading a book on the Nanking genocide of WWII and its a super interesting read, you said you're into politics so I think you'd like it! I've been trying to keep up with the political movements as well as the crisis in Yemen and how Canadian embassies are currently running so I really hope to pick your brain about it if we get the chance during this class!

-Meg
In reply to Megan MacGregor

Hey Megan!

I am loving the series... a lot actually! Most nights I can't even put the book down! The book you're reading sounds very interesting and I'd totally want to look into reading it. I have only read and kept up a little with the Yemen crisis but it's crazy! The amount of casualties and the extent of the damage and loss of resources is ridiculous... but I totally would love to be able to have further discussions about topics like that!

by Sara Lamk Saavedra -
Hey Dillon!

It sounds like we have very similar plans for majors. I also love reading and would love to chat about the books you have read.