Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Emily Green -
Number of replies: 8

Hi human rights pals!

My name is Emily Green and I am in my second year here at STU, planning on majoring in Human Rights and Environment and Society. I am originally from Riverview but my family now lives in Halifax.

I like to hike, spend time with friends and family, and I am learning how to surf. (Feel free to send trail recommendations in the greater Fredericton area my way!)

I enrolled in this course because I want to broaden my perspective on human rights issues by reading and talking about books.

Stay safe everyone, and happy first day of classes!

In reply to Emily Green

Re: Introduction

by Anna Sirois -
Hey Emily! I think it is awesome you are learning how to surf, I have some cousins who surf and wish they would teach me! I recommend Dunbar Falls (its a small walk rather than a hike to a beautiful waterfall), or Mt. Carleton in NB (not in Fredericton, but worth the 3hr drive if you have the means to get there).
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Emily Green -
Hey Anna! Definitely lots of cuts and bruises from the ocean so far -- but I'm learning.

Thanks for the recommendations!
In reply to Emily Green

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Emily,

Welcome to the course. Your two majors go together very nicely. Keep an eye out for a new course entitled Human Rights and the Environment(!). It won't be offered likely until 2022-23 when you are in your fourth year. Where in the heavens are you learning to surf? Very cool.
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Emily Green -
Hi Dr. DiPaolo,

That sounds like an interesting course -- can't wait to see it offered at STU in the future.

Lawerencetown & Rainbow Haven in Nova Scotia are my two favourite spots so far!
In reply to Emily Green

by Mallory Martin -
So good to see a familiar name! If you ever need someone to hike with, let me know! I also love that you are learning to surf, that sounds like so much fun.
In reply to Mallory Martin

by Emily Green -
Hey Mal,

Excited to take this course with you! We'll have to make plans to go for a hike and talk about HR books sometime soon.
In reply to Emily Green

by Emily Davis -
Hi Emily!
I've been getting into hiking and have been exploring waterfalls all summer, a short trail to a really nice area is Split Rock Falls about 20 minutes away but if you're ever looking for a day trip away from Fredericton I love the trails through Fundy!
In reply to Emily Davis

by Emily Green -
Hi Emily,

Thanks for the recommendations -- much appreciated!