Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Megan MacGregor -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

My name is Megan (she/her) and this is my second year attending STU, I previously studies marine biology at UNBSJ for two years and Environmental Management at UNBF for two years. Currently I am studying Human Rights and International Relations here at STU, hence why I am taking this class. I am very sad to say I don't currently have any pets but I did grow up owning and riding horses and I miss it very much. When I'm not working or with friends, aside from horseback riding I usually spend my time looking at interior & clothing design, knitting, watching old movies, baking, or learning about WWII (yes I am an old lady I know). 

I am very excited to meet you all!

-Meg

In reply to Megan MacGregor

Re: Introduction

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Meg,

When I read WWII, I thought it saw WWE and I got all excited. lol. WWII is also fascinating though, I can admit. I've thought about trying my hand at knitting. Is it something that is easy to learn? I'd love to make my own mittens and scarves.
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Megan MacGregor -
Hi Dr. Dipaolo,

Haha you gave me quite the laugh with that, sadly I don’t watch WWE. As far as knitting goes, I personally don’t think it’s difficult to do basics and super easy to pick up with YouTube tutorials! I love doing it to calm myself, but I’ve tried my hand at teaching it and I have had success but also some people not get the concept of loops and knots (lol). I definitely recommend starting with scarves and then moving on to hats and socks before you try mittens though, they are hard! Hopefully when this is all over and we get back to in person classes I can give you a lesson!
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Megan,

Thanks for the tips! This year, I may knit a scarf. It will be quite crappy I'm sure, but who knows. I need some calming techniques that don't involve wine!