Whole Class: Introductions

About Jessie

About Jessie

by Jessie-Lynn Cross -
Number of replies: 3

Yello Folks, 

My name is Jessie and I am in my third year of being a Human Rights enthusiast, as well as a crime-solver in the Criminology department. Crim and HR are my two majors here at STU, but I recently decided to also undergo a Poli-Sci minor. My reasoning for these majors (and this new minor) is because like a lot of other HR enthusiasts, I am passionate about changing social justice issues in the world - one degree at a time. After STU, I want to attend Law school, in the hopes of saving and changing lives. 

Originally, I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba (or Winterpeg, Manisnowba). However, I grew up in Newfoundland my whole life. Before moving to Freddie, I came from a hamlet in central Newfoundland called Middle Arm. (Yeah, you read that right.) 

My general hobbies include day adventures with my pals, going for drives while jamming out to music, discovering new food places around Fredericton, walking and hiking (and biking), photography, and playing my flute. I also enjoy watching the Raptors - except when they nearly kill me from high blood pressure. Oh, and travelling! I make it a habit to travel whenever possible.

I am taking this course because Dr. DiPaolo is as funny as she is relatable. If this is the first time you have her, you will quickly discover how much you have been missing out in the prof's department. Like all the other profs in the HR department, she is fantastic. 

Fun Facts about me: I hate pumpkin spiced anything (I think apple cider is the clear superior), I like pineapple on my pizza, and I am allergic to cats. So I feel very deprived of relating to other cat lovers.

Good luck this semester, and stay safe/healthy :)

In reply to Jessie-Lynn Cross

Re: About Jessie

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Jessie,

I'm fairly certain this Raptors 7-game series against the Celtics took 7 years from my life. I'm so sad today. Not going to lie, definitely lol'd at Middle Arm. Oh, there I go, chuckling again. And I agree that I am quite funny. In fact, just last night while the hus and I were waiting for the Raps to start at 10 pm, we watched Shazam (highly recommend), and the jokes I were cracking were funnier than what we were watching. Unfortunately, the ones I remember were all NSFW so I cannot repeat them here.

Enjoy the course! Sadly, not sure my hilarity transfers to the internet. :-(
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

Re: About Jessie

by Jessie-Lynn Cross -
Ah, no worries! I laugh at it sometimes too - it's just strange.
I was sups sad after the game last night. Here is a link to a meme that my bf sent this morning which basically sums up the entire raps game last night! (Hoping this works)
https://scontent.fyqm1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-0/p280x280/119178197_354212359105350_980481927536371036_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=f_F_Q5bnqAIAX87To8g&_nc_ht=scontent.fyqm1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=c93e253099b0163ef406f574fc8c57fd&oe=5F84B898