Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Emily Ashton -
Number of replies: 10

Hello, 

My names Emily and I'm from Moncton/Riverview NB but I am now living in Fredericton. I'm in my second year and originally intended to major in Crim but switched to Psych and Human Rights after last semester. I love music from almost any genre, every summer I go to the Osheaga music festival, due to covid it was canceled this year but some of my favorite memories were created there. In my spare time, I like to hang out with friends and family, go on drives, hiking, and binge-watching Netflix (specifically Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Office) I look forward this semester and hope everyone has an awesome first day of classes:) 

In reply to Emily Ashton

Re: Introduction

by Anna Sirois -
Hi Emily! I also love watching The Office, I relate most to Stanley in a work environment, but Michael is my favorite character. Realistically I'm probably more like a Pam, because I'm a little basic and I enjoy art. Enjoy the start of your classes!
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Marcos Edgar -
Huh Anna, now I would have compared you to Toby! I'm just kidding, but actually I think your humour is most like Jim's, and also, in one episode, Jim says he would want to move to Maine.
In reply to Marcos Edgar

by Anna Sirois -

Toby is the worst!! Glad to know I compare to a Jim in any way. I will now be waiting for my visit from John Krasinski.

In reply to Emily Ashton

by Mary Gannon -
Hi Emily,

I too wanted to go to Osheaga this year as the past couple of years have been amazing! Hopefully 2021 will have a pretty good lineup. If you are into pretty much any genre I would also recommend looking into the music festivals veld and digital dreams in Toronto!
In reply to Emily Ashton

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hi Emily! I also love music and hope to one day be able to afford to go to a festival like Osheaga some day! Brooklyn Nine-Nine is one of my favorites as well! Gina is probably my favorite character on the show, she gives me a lot of laughs! I hope you have a great semester!
In reply to Emily Ashton

by Emily Davis -
Hi Emily,
I also go to Osh and was so disappointed it had to be cancelled this year, I'm a huge music fan too. Next years festival will hopefully make up for missing one!
In reply to Emily Davis

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Emily,

So happy to have you in this course, welcome! It looks like I have all the Emilys(!) again, but at least now I know who is who! I love music festivals too. Concerts in general, really. In fact, tonight I should be in Toronto watching Faith no More (not my type of music but my Hus' fave band) in Toronto. So sad.
In reply to Emily Ashton

by Mallory Martin -
Hey Emily!
I think it is so cool that you attend Osheaga every summer, and I'm sorry it got cancelled for you this year. We share so many of the same hobbies! In any free time I have, I also love to hike or just hangout and watch the office. I hope you had a great first day of classes.
In reply to Emily Ashton

by Marcos Edgar -
Emily,

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is the best show on TV right now!! Isn't frustrating that they're postponing the new season until 2021?! I mean, I get it that a police show might not be the most sensitive to the current political climate in America, but it's still sad.

Mark