Noticeboard

Salvage the Bones!

Salvage the Bones!

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Number of replies: 0

Hi team! 

We are now moving away from The Hate U Give to begin reading Salvage the Bones. As much as I loved reading The Hate U Give, I really LOVE Salvage the Bones. Beware: Once you begin reading, you will not be able to stop once it gets rolling. 

I noticed a few things about the group discussions:

1. I am really impressed with the level of thought and insight put into the discussion posts. I'm learning a lot and I hope you are too! Having said that, please do not seek outside analysis on the novel itself. Some of you are posting great outside the novel sources and keep doing that. But don't google what other people are saying about the novel. I only want to see your OWN insights.

2. Try to push the analysis outside of the book once the initial analysis is made.  You may have noticed that I commented on all discussion threads with something asking to bring the analysis outside the book and into the real word. In other words, what can we learn from the novel about the real world. Keep that in mind as we read the rest of the books. 

3. One last thing of note: We are trying to create course discussions. Several students dropped their analysis online and then did not engage in the discussions.  We are all overwhelmed so here it my advice: Keep it simple in all your courses but try to get it done. Independent learning is hard but we can all do it! You are all doing great and are amazing. 

I hope y'all are enjoying this course as much as I am. On a personal note, you are all trying to take so many courses online and it is new and hard for you and for your professors. We are all in this together with our anxieties being through the roof. Take breaks. Take time for yourself. Your courses will be there after you nap. Don't spend all your time clicking on buttons. Take time learning and think through material. 

I feel for you all and reach out if you need support. I'm here for you. Also, this meme speaks to me. Does it speak to you, too?