Whole Class: Introductions

Katy Johnson

Katy Johnson

by Katherine Johnson -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone! 

My name is Katy and I am a fourth year student Honouring in English and Majoring in Human Rights. I am from Vermont, USA, but returned to Fredericton for my last year of classes. I love writing, painting, and going on long walks. This summer I bonded with my family’s new dog, Honey, and now I’m very lonely without any animal friends here in Fredericton. My goals for this fall include visiting the ocean, which I couldn’t do this summer. If anyone has any recommendations for a good fall day trip, please let me know!

In reply to Katherine Johnson

Re: Katy Johnson

by Ayanna Waite -
Hey Kathy! I love writing too my style is definitely prose poetry. What style do you like writing the most??
I recently just came back to Fredericton so my friends and I went to Killarney Lake right before classes started and i think you would love it I highly recommend.
In reply to Ayanna Waite

by Katherine Johnson -
I like writing prose fiction, especially fantasy-- I find poetry is really hard! I've been to Killarney before but I definitely think I might go again this fall!

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Katy,

If you have not been to Saint Andrew's, you cannot beat it. It is only a little more than an hour's drive away and you can go whale watching and eat wonderful food. There are adorable shops. And the ocean views are lovely. I'm a big fan. Of course, everything closes up shop relatively soon so it would need to be an early semester trip. Welcome back to Freddy and enjoy the course.

by Sarah Hetherington -
Hey Katy,
I also moved to Fredericton and away from my family's dog and I feel for you!

by Jessie-Lynn Cross -
Hey Katy! I have sooo many recommendations for a good fall day trip. If you ever need any inspo, hit me up!
Just off the top of my head, I can name a few places:
Corn maze in St. John
Crab mountain (usually has some events around October for Harvest season)
Apple Orchards outside Freddie
Kings Landing (free pass Wednesday-Sunday for all of September as long as you 1) have a library card and 2) visit the library
If you need any other ideas, lemme know! :)
In reply to Jessie-Lynn Cross

by Katherine Johnson -
Those all sound great, thank you! Apple picking is definitely something I want to do this fall :)