Whole Class: Introductions

Mary Gannon

Mary Gannon

by Mary Gannon -
Number of replies: 11

Hey everyone, 

My name is Mary Gannon and I’m a fourth year student majoring in journalism and minoring in criminology. After what feels like a very long and strange summer, I am glad to be back at STU studying human rights.

I am living in Fredericton while I study but I am originally from Toronto. I love yoga, travelling and movies. As I am in journalism I am also interested in photography and took a special interest in National Geographic this past summer. I am hoping to have some time to practise with my DSLR in Freddy this year.

I am looking forward to learning more about human rights with all of you. Let’s have a good semester!

In reply to Mary Gannon

Re: Mary Gannon

by Emily Green -
Hey Mary,

I love to travel as well (when it is safe to do so, of course). Nat Geo always has the best travel shots. If you're not already, I highly recommend subscribing to their email newsletter (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/newsletters/signup.html)

Nice to meet you!
In reply to Emily Green

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Mary,

You'll be able to get some beautiful shots in Fredericton. I think this little town is absolutely gorgeous! Welcome to the course! I hope you enjoy studying human rights this semester.
In reply to Emily Green

by Mary Gannon -
Hi Emily,

Thanks for the recommendation, I have signed up for the newsletter! I'm looking forward to when we can start exploring again. Nice to meet you too! :)
In reply to Mary Gannon

by Paytra Waibel -
Hello Mary!

Congratulations on being in fourth year, you must be so excited to graduate! I have also always wanted to move to Toronto and I have family there so I am super jealous! Good luck this semester!!
In reply to Mary Gannon

by Jodi McKay -
Hey Mary,

So glad to meet you! Like you I also like photography! I'm sure you will get lots of beautiful shots in the city :)
In reply to Mary Gannon

by Nicole Leary -
Hi Mary, I also love photography, I picked it up last summer and have been in love with it ever since. DSLR cameras are also super fun, once you get the hang of them. If you find fun places to take pictures I'd love to hear of some. When I'm home in NS, I tend to take a lot of pictures of the ocean.
In reply to Nicole Leary

by Mary Gannon -
Hey Nicole,

I haven't found too many places yet, though the waterfront and walking bridge are obvious places to start! I would love to explore Nova Scotia with my camera as well, the province is so beautiful.
In reply to Mary Gannon

by Hilary Foster -
Hey Mary!!! Do you have any places or websites you would recommend to practice yoga?? Journalism sounds so fun! You must have so much fun exploring Fredericton for all your stories! I am excited for this semester as well and cant wait to discuss the novels we will be reading :)
In reply to Hilary Foster

by Mary Gannon -
Hi Hilary,

I would recommend the website yoga girl. It offers free classes in a bunch of different yoga styles with meditation as well! It is fun exploring Fredericton, though I wish I could explore more of the maritimes as well.
In reply to Mary Gannon

by Muchaneta Nyambuya -
Hi Mary! Nice to meet you.
OMG, I love the same things - yoga, travelling and movies. I picked up yoga this summer and I've been loving it. I didn't get much travelling in this summer because of corona but I went on my first girl's trip to Halifax last month. I loved it!! What movies do you like? I cannot watch scary vampire stuff or stuff along those lines because I get pretty vivid nightmares lol

Hope you have a great school year!
In reply to Muchaneta Nyambuya

by Mary Gannon -
Hey Muchaneta,

Nice to meet you! Halifax is always super fun so a girl's trip there must have been really nice! I like all sorts of movies - though I tend to stray away from horror as well. Hope you have a good semester! :)