Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Mallory Martin -
Number of replies: 13

Hi everyone!

My name is Mallory Martin, and I am a second year student at STU. A few of my favourite hobbies include running, hiking and my new found love for baking. I am so excited to continue to expand my knowledge of Human Rights this semester, and look forward to getting to know everyone virtually!

In reply to Mallory Martin

Re: Introduction

by Jodi McKay -
Hi Mallory!!

Welcome to the course! So excited to get to know you better :)

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Mallory! So great to have you continue your academic journey in human rights. I absolutely loved our intro course last year and am so excited that there are eight(!) students from that course in this one! It should be a great semester! I also love running but have not had a regular running routine in a long time. My marathon days are long behind me, but at least I have my medals if I ever get nostalgic!
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Mallory Martin -
Hi Dr. DiPaolo!
I loved our intro course last year, and I was so excited that I was able to get into this course. Clearly, I was not the only one:) It's so nice to see some fellow classmates from last years course. I have never ran a marathon, but it is on my bucket list! I'll be sure to try and get some medals under my belt, so I too can look back on them some day!

by Tristan Rampersaud -
Hi Mallory! Over the past few months I too have found a new hobby in baking.
In reply to Tristan Rampersaud

by Mallory Martin -
That's awesome! I find it's such a nice hobby, especially when you can share your baked goods with family and friends. If you have any recipes that you'd like to share, feel free to send them my way. :)

by Minahil Fatima -
I am a baking enthusiast and it's amazing that you've discovered your love for it!
In reply to Minahil Fatima

by Mallory Martin -
It was definitely useful in the quarantine months to have something so fun and tasty to enjoy!

by Nicole Leary -
Hi Mallory, I also love baking (in my family it isn't really optional :)). What are some of your baking specialties?
In reply to Nicole Leary

by Mallory Martin -
Hi Nicole! I wouldn't say I truly have any specialties, but I've really enjoyed finding recipes of a healthier version to my favourite baked goods. Banana bread is my favourite to make. Do you have any baking specialties?

by Dillon Caldwell-Bezanson -
Hi Mallory,

surprisingly I discovered I like to cook over this summer! Before, I hated to cook or bake or anything like that, but who would've thought that sweating over a hot stove all summer is fun!
In reply to Dillon Caldwell-Bezanson

by Mallory Martin -
Hi Dillon!
I was actually the exact same way. My mom's favourite hobby is to bake, so there was never a need for me to learn. I decided during quarantine since I had so much free time, that I would begin to learn from her. It's coming in handy great now that I am living on my own!

by Dillon Caldwell-Bezanson -
I know! I am living on my own now too and I am so happy I chose to start cooking or else take out would've been all I ate...