Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Number of replies: 8

Hi everyone! My name is Brianna Bourgeois and I am a second-year student majoring in Human Rights and minoring in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I am from Riverview, New Brunswick and while classes are online this semester, I decided to continue living at home.

In my free time, I enjoy walks along the riverfront in my town, cooking, and spending time with my friends and family. This summer, I also discovered that I really enjoy gardening!

I look forward to a great semester studying human rights with you all!

In reply to Brianna Bourgeois

Re: Introduction

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hi Brianna! I myself am thinking about attempting gardening next spring! Perhaps you could give me some beginners tips and tricks! Staying at home is a great choice and I'm sure your parents are happy about it too!
In reply to Jordan Hendricks

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Hi Jordan! Nice to meet you. That is so great that you are considering starting a garden next year, I definitely recommend it to everyone! I am still a beginner myself and admittedly, I spent most of last summer learning through trial and error but I would be happy to share some tips or answer any questions you may have! Being the youngest sibling, and the only one living at home, my parents are very happy to have someone around :).

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Brianna,

Welcome to the course! I totally would have stayed home if I were a student, if I am being honest. It is a great option if you have good supports in terms of both having a supportive family and good working conditions. Another gardener! Y'all with your green thumbs are making me jealous!
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Hi Dr. DiPaolo! As much as I do miss Fredericton and being on campus, I am very fortunate to have a supportive family, a quiet house to study in, and great friends back at home.

by Katherine Johnson -
Hi Brianna! I also spent much of this summer walking along the river near my house. I'm also trying to grow an indoor herb garden this year-- do you have any gardening tips? My Dad loves gardening and his plants are finally producing lots of veggies, but sadly I just moved back to Fredericton!
In reply to Katherine Johnson

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Hi Katherine! Nice to meet you. That is awesome that you are going to grow an herb garden this year-- I did an herb garden this summer and it was very successful! I learned a lot about gardening this summer through different books and websites and I found the website "The Old Farmers Almanac" to be incredibly useful! Best of luck with your garden :).

by Muchaneta Nyambuya -
Hi Brianna! Nice to meet you. I also love taking long walks. During this time it's good to just step out of the house for a bit. I remember there were days this summer that I didn't leave the house for about 11 days because I was working from home and didn't need to be out (I don't know how I did it).
I'm such a foodie and so I really love cooking. I've been trying to switch things up a bit as it gets boring sometimes :) Maybe you can share some of your favourite dishes!
In reply to Muchaneta Nyambuya

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Hi Muchaneta! Nice to meet you. I also found walking to be a great way to get out of the house and get some fresh air! I never realized how much it can help to get outside and go for walks until spending so much time inside due to COVID. Lately I have been trying to find new recipes and last week I decided to try making chicken gnocchi soup. I will admit it was a bit time consuming with it being my first time making it but it was so worth it!