Whole Class: Introductions

Anna Introduction

Anna Introduction

by Anna Sirois -
Number of replies: 12

Hi everyone! 

My name is Anna, and I'm a fourth year student Honouring in Human Rights and Minoring in Sociology. I am from Edgecomb, Maine, U.S. and am fortunate to have successfully crossed the border to continue school in Fredericton amidst pandemic restrictions. In the summer I spend a lot of my time sailing, taking long coastal walks, and spending time with my two dogs named Callie and Bandit. I enjoy painting, loud concerts, stand-up comedy, breweries, campfires, and anything on or by the ocean. My current favorite TV shows are Avatar the Last Airbender, Broadchurch, and Breaking Bad. I plan to attend law school after my undergraduate studies to pursue immigration law in the U.S.

It feels good to be back to school again despite all of the changes!!! :)

In reply to Anna Sirois

Re: Anna Introduction

by Ellen MacDonald -
Hey Anna!
I have to appreciate anyone that also enjoys Avatar, my partner and I watched the series during quarantine and fell in love with all of the characters (especially Appa). We plan on dressing up as Aang and Katara for halloween:)
I'm happy to hear you made it safely across the boarder, good luck with this upcoming school year.
In reply to Ellen MacDonald

by Anna Sirois -
That is super cool that you are dressing up as the characters for Halloween! Maybe a dog or cat can be Appa :)
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hey Anna! Avatar is also one of my favorite TV shows as well! I'm actually attempting to design my Animal Crossing island theme around it! I'm glad you made it into Canada safely and hope you have a great semester! :)
In reply to Jordan Hendricks

by Anna Sirois -
I am loving your dedication to the Animal Crossing realm and avatar!
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Hilary Foster -
Hey there!! I am so glad you were able to come back into Canada!! I just started Avatar a few weeks ago and I am loving it! :)
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Anna!

Super pumped you got back into Canada. Your summer sounded amazing and peaceful. Breaking Bad is amazing. If BB is a fave, I assume you watch Better Call Saul which leads me to ask: how is that not listed as one of your faves?!?! Welcome to another one of my courses! It should be another great time.
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Anna Sirois -
I'm still currently watching Breaking Bad! But even though I'm not done with it yet (I'm finishing season 3 soon), it's still one of my favorites right now. Sounds like I'll have to put Better Call Saul on my watch list and let you know how I like it!! Looking forward to another class with you :)
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Anna!

So happy you were able to safely return to Fredericton amidst all the craziness! Your summer sounds like it was A LOT better and more interesting than mine! I hope we can catch up sometime soon!!
In reply to Paytra Waibel

by Anna Sirois -
Thank you! Great to hear from you, and I hope to definitely see you on campus sometime (socially distant of course:))!
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Annabelle Ruest -
Hi Anna!! It's a pleasure to have you again in one of my classes!! I wish you all the best!
In reply to Anna Sirois

by Dorcas Tshimenga -
Hey Anna,

It was great hearing about you passion for immigration law! I believe it a crucial study and would love to hear more about your research on this!

Dorcas
In reply to Dorcas Tshimenga

by Anna Sirois -
Hi Dorcas,

Thank you! I'd be happy to share with you, or with anyone in that matter, about my thesis research around immigration law. Specifically, on mass-deportation!