Whole Class: Introductions

Jordan Introduction

Jordan Introduction

by Jordan Hendricks -
Number of replies: 8

Hello Everyone!

I am Jordan Hendricks, a third year student here at STU. I am majoring in Anthropology with a minor in Forensic Anthropology and my goal for taking this class, although late to the party, is to hopefully double major in Human Rights and Anthropology both. 

I am originally from Brockville, Ontario and chose STU because of the small close-knit community. A few of my hobbies include video games (Animal Crossing has been my go to lately!), friends and music! I have a few plant babies and a Leopard Gecko named Inca! 

Thanks for reading!

In reply to Jordan Hendricks

Re: Jordan Introduction

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the course. How exciting that you are interested in adding a human rights major. Why don't you email me a screen shot of your transcript, including what you are enrolled in this year, and I can let you know what you would need to take in your fourth year for a major in HMRT. Also, I'm currently loving Fall Guys (PS4) and Slay the Spire (Swtich).
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hello Professor DiPaolo! I've just sent you my transcript! I appreciate you helping me out and letting me know what I would need to take! Fall Guys looks like a super fun game that I'm going to have to try with some friends now! Slay the Spire looks uniquely interesting, and is one I am going to have to try out soon!

by Katherine Johnson -
Hi Jordan! I had to respond to you because I too have quite a few plants and am always on the lookout for more. I also love reptiles-- I had a pet tortoise back home but my neighbors lost him when they were pet-sitting! My hope is that he's still out there somewhere, eating his way through the woods. I would love a gecko but I'm not sure I'm ready for an animal that I have to feed live creatures to (hit me up if you need a petsitter though!)
I'm planning on playing Night in the Woods and Undertale this year-- have you played them?
In reply to Katherine Johnson

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hi Katherine! I posted my reply once already, or so I thought, so I truly hope you aren't getting this twice, haha! Feeding live worms to Inca isn't so bad, she's quite cute when she stances up to pounce! I have heard of Night in the Woods, but not Undertale. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to play either, but Undertale sounds like something I would be interested in playing! I too hope your tortoise is still out there, living his very best tortoise life!

by Jodi McKay -
Hey Jordan!

I also have a few plant babies! I love aloe plants because they are hard to kill (lol). Have you always been interested in anthro? Can't wait to get to know you :)
In reply to Jodi McKay

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hello Jodi! I recently got a sensitive plant, and he seems to be THRIVING! Yes, anthro, especially physical anthro, has always been a big interest of mine! Forensic Anthropology is something I want to do someday and some forensic work is done during humanitarian work, like when mass graves are found or during disasters. Therefore, I thought a human rights degree would compliment the minor and major both!

by Tristan Rampersaud -
Hi Jordan, your Leopard Gecko sounds very cool! How long have you had them for?
In reply to Tristan Rampersaud

by Jordan Hendricks -
Hey Tristan! She is very cool, and very cute! I have had her for about 4 or 5 years now, I got her when she was just shy of being an adult. Fortunately I will have her companionship for a while yet, as they live almost 20 years in captivity!