Whole Class: Introductions

Introduction

Introduction

by Paytra Waibel -
Number of replies: 17

Hello!

My name is Paytra Waibel and I am a third year student at STU! I am currently pursuing a double major in both Human Rights and Criminology with a minor in Psychology. My goal is to attend law school after my undergrad! I am also a part of the Moot Court Program here at STU!

Over the course of the summer I interned at a Moncton Law Firm where I worked for some amazing Lawyers and Human Right's Activists! I learned so much, it is invaluable to me! I am extremely passionate about the law and Human Rights and that is why I have chosen to take this course. 

My hobbies include reading, painting, and cooking! Can't wait to get to know you all online! 

In reply to Paytra Waibel

Re: Introduction

by Katherine Johnson -
Hi Paytra! I think it's really impressive that you managed to intern at a law firm this summer-- it sounds like you're going to be really ready by the time you go to law school. It also sounds like this course is perfect for you, since it combines your love of Human Rights with your passion for reading.
In reply to Katherine Johnson

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Kathrine!

Thank you very much! I am just extremely grateful that I was able to attain the position! It definitely made for a super busy summer! In regard to this course, you are right! I am super excited to take the course, the books all seem SO interesting!! Good luck this semester!!

by Ayanna Waite -
Hey Paytra ! i love that you got the opportunity to be an intern at a law firm this summer, it's a great experience to have. I'm hoping to go off to law school after my undergrad too .
In reply to Ayanna Waite

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Ayanna!

It really was a super cool experience! I would recommend that type of job to anyone, even if you are not planning to go to law school! The fast paced work environment that you experience is super educational and even fun! Good luck with your studies this semester and your goal of law school!!

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Paytra,

Your summer working experience sounds amazing! I am also passionate about the law and human rights! Who would have guessed that?! I recently took up cooking more veggie dishes. My specialty right now is zucchini taco boats (non-meat filling too). They are delicious.
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Paytra Waibel -
Dr. DiPaolo,

What a coincidence that you also love the law and human rights as well! Lol
Okay those sound amazing! I grew zucchini's in my garden this summer and have been trying to find dishes to use them in so I will have to google the recipe for these!!

by Tristan Rampersaud -
Hi Paytra! Your internship this past summer sounds really cool and probably gave great experience. I too enjoy reading and cooking, what is your favorite dish to make?
In reply to Tristan Rampersaud

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Tristan!

Recently I have actually been getting into making sushi!! It takes SO long and is super tedious but SO delicious! Also if you host a sushi night with a few friends it can actually be super fun!

by Minahil Fatima -
Hi Paytra!
I am also greatly interested in the law especially international treaties and such. It's great that you plan on going to law school, I do too!
In reply to Minahil Fatima

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Minahil!

Good luck on your law school plans!! I haven't studied much about international law or human rights yet but I am this semester and it seems utterly fascinating!

by Brianna Bourgeois -
Hi Paytra! That is so cool that you got to experience working at a law firm this summer. Seeing as you plan to attend law school after your undergrad, your first-hand experience at a firm this summer will definitely be an asset as you move forward! I also hope to attend law school after my undergrad.
In reply to Brianna Bourgeois

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Brianna!

Good luck with your law school plans! I would honestly recommend working in a law firm to anyone thinking of pursuing law! Not only is it educational and gives you hands on experience but it allows you to discover if that is actually what you want to do in the future before you put time and money into schooling!

by Kryssonia Wedderburn -
Hi Paytra,
Sounds like you had an awesome time working this summer. That must have been a great learning experience. I also want to go to law school in the future. What area of law are you hoping to go into and what is your painting style?
In reply to Kryssonia Wedderburn

by Paytra Waibel -
Hey Kryssonia!

You have an awesome name!
Good luck with your law school plans, and yes this summer was an amazing experience! Currently I am thinking I would most like criminal law however this summer I learned that I might also like family law a great deal. It can be a very sad area however extremely interesting and rewarding at times.
In regard to painting, I am definitely no expert and just paint for fun! I have only really worked with acrylics and I normally like to paint landscape scenes, faces are just too hard!!

by Kryssonia Wedderburn -
Aww thanks. I like your name too, its unique. I asked about painting because my best friend paints and I've developed an appreciation for that art form. I think it's really cool that you can express yourself in that way.

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Paytra,

I didn't like any recipes so I made my own. Here is the recipe for 6 boats -- it feeds 2 people.

3 Zucchini
1 pkg of Yves Mexican non-meat ground beef (perfect bc it is already seasoned)
Shreeded cheese for topping.
Sour cream for after cooking

I cut the Zucchini in half
Scoop out the inside (most of it but not all, you want some veggie left
Then boil the halves for 1 minute. Set aside.

Take a pan and throw in the fake meat. Turn the heat on medium, and with your wooden spoon (or whatever you use) crumble it to look like actual meat while it is heating up.

Once heated, put the zucchinis in a baking dish and stuff the boats with filling. Then top with shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

It is very important to serve with sour cream because it tastes SO GOOD!

Voila. Easy, delicious, and it looks fancy.
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Paytra Waibel -
Dr. DiPaolo,

Okay I am definitely trying these ASAP, thank you so much for the recipe they sound amazing and super easy!