Whole Class: Introductions

Katy Johnson

Katy Johnson

por Katherine Johnson -
Número de respuestas: 7

Hi everyone! 

My name is Katy and I am a fourth year student Honouring in English and Majoring in Human Rights. I am from Vermont, USA, but returned to Fredericton for my last year of classes. I love writing, painting, and going on long walks. This summer I bonded with my family’s new dog, Honey, and now I’m very lonely without any animal friends here in Fredericton. My goals for this fall include visiting the ocean, which I couldn’t do this summer. If anyone has any recommendations for a good fall day trip, please let me know!

En respuesta a Katherine Johnson

Re: Katy Johnson

por Ayanna Waite -
Hey Kathy! I love writing too my style is definitely prose poetry. What style do you like writing the most??
I recently just came back to Fredericton so my friends and I went to Killarney Lake right before classes started and i think you would love it I highly recommend.
En respuesta a Ayanna Waite

por Katherine Johnson -
I like writing prose fiction, especially fantasy-- I find poetry is really hard! I've been to Killarney before but I definitely think I might go again this fall!

por Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Katy,

If you have not been to Saint Andrew's, you cannot beat it. It is only a little more than an hour's drive away and you can go whale watching and eat wonderful food. There are adorable shops. And the ocean views are lovely. I'm a big fan. Of course, everything closes up shop relatively soon so it would need to be an early semester trip. Welcome back to Freddy and enjoy the course.

por Jessie-Lynn Cross -
Hey Katy! I have sooo many recommendations for a good fall day trip. If you ever need any inspo, hit me up!
Just off the top of my head, I can name a few places:
Corn maze in St. John
Crab mountain (usually has some events around October for Harvest season)
Apple Orchards outside Freddie
Kings Landing (free pass Wednesday-Sunday for all of September as long as you 1) have a library card and 2) visit the library
If you need any other ideas, lemme know! :)