Whole Class: Introductions

About Mark

About Mark

by Marcos Edgar -
Number of replies: 3

Call me Mark; the only people who are allowed to call me Marcos are my mom and, I guess, Moodle. 

Well, this is my last year at STU, and that's frankly scary. It feels like there are so many things I haven't yet done in university. I'm majoring in Human Rights and Great Books, and I think this is the first course I've taken that is designed to combine the two. Last school year, I saw how excited Dr. DiPaolo was about this new course, which makes me excited to see the great books side of Dr. DiPaolo this semester.

I've had perhaps the most uneventful summer of my life, and, I never thought I would be bragging about something like this, but I've completed a total of four 14 day quarantines this summer. (Canada to US and back twice.) Mostly, I spent my summer indoors, studying for the LSAT. Lately, I have been having dreams about various LSAT logic game scenarios. I wonder how much money the standardized test industry makes every year.

Talking about yourself is hard, so here's a photo of me looking serious playing the piano.

In reply to Marcos Edgar

Re: About Mark

by Anna Sirois -
Hi Mark,

I hope all that studying this summer paid off for you, and that you get the results you want with your LSAT!! I'm sure you will do great. I'm currently in quarantine, and I can't imagine going through it four more times! You are must have the process down pat, at this point. Thanks for sharing a photo of you! You're the first I think to share a photo, and now I wish more people have!

Anna
In reply to Marcos Edgar

by Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien -
Hi Mark,

That's a lot of pressure on me saying the Great Books side of me will pop out. I taught in Aquinas but haven't had the pleasure of a proper Great Books course. This should be a great course though. I know one person who has gone through FIVE 14-day quarantines. On the one hand, I cannot imagine the boredom you must have felt, but on the other hand, that is basically my dream in life. Fun fact for y'all: I'm actually an introvert!
In reply to Amanda DiPaolo O'Brien

by Jessie-Lynn Cross -
Hey Mark!
At least with your extreme boredom, you have had lots of time to study! I also have studied quite a bit for the LSAT this summer, even though I won't actually take it until next fall. Can never be too prepared for those logic games XD